Wednesday, July 22, 2009

...In the field


I have been working on some new drawings. I thought I might list some of the specifics and then let the work speak for itself. In this posting, below, is the first of my short films, "In the field". It precedes the work that came from that days effort. All of the pieces are drawn on Rives BFK. The painterly quality of the material is a direct result of using Sennilier oil sticks. They are the closest thing to painting as I ever get, while still "drawing". They are all small pieces, 9.5 x 4 inches, in a letterbox format. they are all singular session pieces. Though, they do get night picked a bit in the studio...


Washington Park 1



Washington Park 1: detail



Washington Park 2



Washington Park 2: detail




...In the field

The first in what will be an ongoing series of bicyclejazz short films. It can be viewed on YouTube at a higher quality


V.A. Grounds 3


V.A. Grounds 3: detail

No comments:

Post a Comment